From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DHClient Woes - No Modules Loaded?
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 08:35:35
1 On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:45:49 -0700, Lord Sauron wrote:
2
3 > I'm going to take your word and try ifplug, however, I installed it and
4 > it doesn't work. Still pings up /dev/null for all it's doing. I even
5 > went to rc-update and had it start at boot, though that didn't work.
6
7 You don't start it at all, let the network scripts deal with it.
8
9 > My guess is that it's trying to use net.lo (the loopback device) and
10 > thinks that that's plugged in therefore it tries to ping on everything
11 > else.
12
13 Nope, it defaults to eth0, but the network scripts use it on whichever
14 interface they are trying to control (but not lo because there is no
15 concept of a network cable or link beat for lo). You really should read
16 net.example.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Mr. bullfrog says: "time's fun when you're having flies."