From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changes in USE flags - perhaps related to 2006.1?
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 13:58:05
1 > Thanks guys, I hadn't looked into the 2006.1 directory to see the
2 > desktop/server permutations. I am sorry to hear xmms is coming to an end -
3 > it has served me really well on my old machines. Is there an accord on a
4 > current suitable alternative? I found xmms relatively light on resources
5 > compared to say, xine derivatives.
6
7 You can try audacious it is based on bmp and xmms. There is also bmpx
8 and xmms2. Only audacious and bmpx are in portage. I think they are
9 all similar to xmms! For me I have choosen audacious!
10 --
11 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list