From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changes in USE flags - perhaps related to 2006.1?
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:16:49
1 On Saturday 02 September 2006 14:49, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > > Thanks guys, I hadn't looked into the 2006.1 directory to see the
3 > > desktop/server permutations. I am sorry to hear xmms is coming to an end
4 > > - it has served me really well on my old machines. Is there an accord on
5 > > a current suitable alternative? I found xmms relatively light on
6 > > resources compared to say, xine derivatives.
7 >
8 > You can try audacious it is based on bmp and xmms. There is also bmpx
9 > and xmms2. Only audacious and bmpx are in portage. I think they are
10 > all similar to xmms! For me I have choosen audacious!
11
12 Thanks, from the links provided it seems that soon(?) xmms will be abandoned,
13 with xmms2 not yet ready for mass consumption.
14 --
15 Regards,
16 Mick