From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD: Video->Yes, Audio-> But actor can be heard speaking!
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:20:16
1 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> [13-09-19 17:40]:
2 > On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 05:08:24PM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I've got a mysterious (at least to me ;) effect on system:
6 > > When playing DVDs with different players (vlc/mplayer)
7 > > video and audio seem to be ok.
8 > > With one exception:
9 > > I only /see/ the actors moving their mouths...there his
10 > > not a single voice audible.
11 > > Background sound and everything else is fine.
12 > >
13 > > I tried to increase the volume of "all suspicious"
14 > > levels of alsamixer and checked for muted channels
15 > > but no success.
16 > >
17 > > I recompiled mplayer and vlc -- no effect.
18 >
19 > Sounds like your channel mixing is misconfigured. Unfortunately I can
20 > only give you that pointer, but not how to dereference it. ;-)
21 > The player thinks you have some kind of surround system, so you only
22 > hear two out of x channels.
23 > --
24 > Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
25 > Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
26 >
27 > Dyslexics of the world, untie!
30 HiFrank,
31
32 thanks for your help! I will try to use it as *help. :)
33
34 Whats interesting with all that is: "previously" (read "before
35 that problem") everyhing works fine.
36 And then ...once in a sudden... "something" had shuffled the
37 channels.
38
39 Is there any /sys/... or /proc/... entry to which I could shout "stereo"
40 to switch back to good 'ole stereo instead of this surround stuff ?
41
42 Best regards,
43 mcc