From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux & Motherboard
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:59:11
1 On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Nicola Degl'Innocenti
2 <neodarklight@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi!
4 > I would like to buy a new pc, but since I use linux more than windows (that i
5 > use only for gaming), I am interested in hardware compatibility with linux.
6 >
7 > I'm planing to buy a core 2 Duo platform with a nvidia 8800 GT, but i am very
8 > confused about the motherboard. The cheapest shop vendor only have asus
9 > motherboard so i don't have much choice.
10 > - Asus P5E X38 DDR2 for 189 €
11 > - Asus P5K/pro iP35 for 114 €
12 > - Asus P5N32-E/SLI 680i for 199€
13 > - Asus P5N-T dlx 780i 232€
14 >
15 > Someone have one of those cards or know a good site with information about
16 > linux compatibility for those cards?
19 I am running a Core 2 Duo E6750 mounted on a P5K + PNY 8800 GTS 640Mo
20 with no problem. It just requires a 2.6.23 kernel with Jmicron
21 support.
22
23 Gal'
24 éí¢‹¬z¹b²Û z{h¢Šà™¨¥Šx%ŠË