From: Jeff Clough <jeff@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Esperanto locale
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:01:52
1 On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 09:24 -0300, Pupeno wrote:
2 > > there is no Esperanto locale: you have to adapt one from another language.
3 > Can you show me how to do it ? some URL or something like that ?
4
5 Saluton,
6
7 Mia Esperanto estas ne tre bona, sed mi esperas vi estos kompreni min.
8 Mi ne skribis gxin por kvin jaroj. :)
9
10 Last week I had this misfortune of trying Mandrakelinux (Prior to the
11 discovery of the awe and perfection that is Gentoo. All hail the OS.)
12 and noticed, with much glee that Esperanto was a supported locale.
13
14 Now, I know that we don't like RPMs, but here's a URL of the Mandrake
15 locales...
16
17 http://ftp.belnet.be/linux/mandrake/devel/testing/8.0/i586/locales-2.3.1-8mdk/
18
19 This is probably completely useless to anyone running Gentoo, *but* it
20 might be worth at least a look-see. I'm not really recommending that
21 you install this thing for the following reasons...
22
23 1. I have no idea if Mandrake and Gentoo handle locales in the same
24 way.
25 2. I have no idea if RPM will break Gentoo.
26 3. I have no idea if this *particular* RPM will break something.
27
28 You might be able to extract the files from the RPM, then manually put
29 them where you need to, but that's not something I've ever done.
30
31 Hope this helps!
32
33 -Jeff