From: YetiMB@t-online.de (Markus Becker)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Esperanto locale
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:31:52
1 Hi!
2
3 Jeff Clough wrote:
4
5 > Saluton,
6 >
7 > Mia Esperanto estas ne tre bona, sed mi esperas vi estos kompreni min.
8 > Mi ne skribis gxin por kvin jaroj. :)
9
10 The common-ness to nearly all roman languages is what makes esperanto
11 interesting. I have never, ever learned anything concerning esperanto,
12 but I do speak english and french and can understand some italian and
13 spanish. For me, esperanto seems to be some eclectic(sp?) mix of all
14 roman languages known to me.
15
16 And cleary, your first sentence translates to "my esperanto is not
17 very good, but I hope you can understand me" without the slightest
18 effort. Very nice. The second sentence might mean something like
19 "I have not written in it for several years" but I'm not quite sure...
20
21 There seems to be quite a bit of portuguese in it and I always thought
22 that portuguese is to other roman languages (Ita/Esp/Fr/Rom) what dutch
23 is to german.
24
25 Markus
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list