From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help playing simultaneously splitted videos (sort of)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:35:20
1 Javier Krausbeck wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > I've been asked something strange. I have to take a video input and split it
5 > in three parts, sending it to three outputs simultaneously.
6 >
7 > The first thing I thought of was creating a pipe, sending there the video and
8 > trying to read from there. I did my firsts tests with mplayer, but as soon as
9 > I launched the second instance of the video output, the mplayer which was
10 > feeding the pipe exited.
11 >
12 > Does any of you have any good idea to accomplish this in a simple and elegant
13 > way?
14
15 just expanding your idea with pipes:
16
17 mkfifo f1
18 mkfifo f2
19 mkfifo f3
20 mplayer whatever_options_you_want_and_make_it_write_to_stdout | tee f1
21 | tee f2 >f3
22
23 and then reading from f1, f2, f3 doesn't do the thing you want ?
24
25 yoyo
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list