From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fluxbox without xorg-server? How do you start X?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 23:06:33
1 You need to emerge xorg-server.
2
3 On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 03:33:54PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > Just curious. The fluxbox ebuild doesn't emerge xorg-server which
5 > means I now have a machine with fluxbox emerged but I don't know how
6 > to start it as there is no xstart on the machine.
7 >
8 > What would be the lightest way to get X running right now? man
9 > startfluxbox suggests fluxbox can be started from .xsession if I use
10 > xdm and xdm doesn't seem to require very much be emerged so I'm doing
11 > that now.
12 >
13 > The purpose of this experiment is that if I get X going then I have a
14 > chance of seeing whether the the Open Source ati-driver TV feature out
15 > actually works for my 9100 IGP chipset.
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance,
18 > Mark
22 Jake Todd