From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] I shoot into my own feet: dhcpd installed...
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 18:12:30
1 Hi,
2
3 (still struggling with my Arietta board...;)
4
5 I did something really stupid:
6 I emerged dhcpd on my Arietta G25 board (which runs Gentoo of course :)
7 and rebooted...without configuring it (or anything else).
8
9 BEFORE this [CENSORED] action /etc/conf.d/net was set to assign a
10 static IP to usb0, which works.
11
12 Now the boards still boots fine ... but I cannot access it, because
13 the usb0 gets no IP.
14
15 First thing I want to get back is the static IP settings I had
16 before I installed dhcpd.
17
18 I grepped through /etc to find any hint, where the decision is made
19 to start dhcpd, I renamed different 'dhcpd*.*'-files to disable
20 the start of dhcpd...but now I only get 'lo' running...no usb0
21 at all.
22
23 Where can I disable dhcpd so the static IP settings get reactivated
24 (since the system is not accessable, I cannot unemerge dhcpd)?
25
26 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
27
28 Best regards,
29 mcc