From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I shoot into my own feet: dhcpd installed...
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 10:17:07
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > (still struggling with my Arietta board...;)
5 >
6 > I did something really stupid:
7 > I emerged dhcpd on my Arietta G25 board (which runs Gentoo of course :)
8 > and rebooted...without configuring it (or anything else).
9 >
10 > BEFORE this [CENSORED] action /etc/conf.d/net was set to assign a
11 > static IP to usb0, which works.
12 >
13 > Now the boards still boots fine ... but I cannot access it, because
14 > the usb0 gets no IP.
15 >
16 > First thing I want to get back is the static IP settings I had
17 > before I installed dhcpd.
18 >
19 > I grepped through /etc to find any hint, where the decision is made
20 > to start dhcpd, I renamed different 'dhcpd*.*'-files to disable
21 > the start of dhcpd...but now I only get 'lo' running...no usb0
22 > at all.
23 >
24 > Where can I disable dhcpd so the static IP settings get reactivated
25 > (since the system is not accessable, I cannot unemerge dhcpd)?
26 >
27 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
28 >
29 > Best regards,
30 > mcc
33 Take a peek in this directory:
34
35 /etc/runlevels/default/
36
37 I think if you remove that link it will not start the service. In other
38 words, if you have dhcpd in there, or one of the other runlevels, remove
39 it.
40
41 Of course, there is the chance that if it is installed, some other
42 script may use it even if it isn't started.
43
44 Hope that helps.
45
46 Dale