From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: No /dev entries in recent stage3 snapshots?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 07:12:44
1 Am Freitag, 23. Januar 2009 15:48:48 schrieb Grant Edwards:
2 > On 2009-01-23, Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Freitag 23 Januar 2009, Grant Edwards wrote:
4 > >> You are still able to see the output from all the init scripts?
5 > >
6 > > yes
7 >
8 > That's interesting, because on my systems, if /dev/console is
9 > missing, then there is no non-kernel console output until most
10 > of the way through the startup-process when udev starts.
11
12 That reminds me of one thing: Are you still running baselayout 1? On a
13 baselayout 2/openrc box udev is started at the very beginning of the userland
14 boot process. Maybe that's the difference between Volker's and your system.
15
16 Bye...
17
18 Dirk