From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: No /dev entries in recent stage3 snapshots?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:49:24
1 On 2009-01-23, Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Freitag 23 Januar 2009, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> On 2009-01-23, Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> >>> If the tarball doesn't contain /dev/console it is broken, but
5 >> >>> it is also broken if it contains thousands of device entries.
6 >> >
7 >> > I have a server running that hets that null/console missing message every
8 >> > boot - and it does not hurt it at any way.
9 >>
10 >> You are still able to see the output from all the init scripts?
11 >
12 > yes
13
14 That's interesting, because on my systems, if /dev/console is
15 missing, then there is no non-kernel console output until most
16 of the way through the startup-process when udev starts.
19 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Well, I'm INVISIBLE
20 at AGAIN ... I might as well
21 visi.com pay a visit to the LADIES
22 ROOM ...