From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: having problems getting burned cds to work
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 19:08:41
1 Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am 26.05.2015 um 15:53 schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
4 > > Hmmm, well I tried this and it was successful, so I wonder what is going
5 > > on with cdrecorder?
6 >
7 > So you probably have found a bug in cdrecord. Have you tried to
8 > downgrade cdrtools to check if it works with previous, preferentially
9 > stable releases?
10 >
11 > > Also, I logged in as root
12 > > which is normally how I have always burned cds, any way aside from
13 > > marking xfburn as suid root which I would prefer not to do to use the
14 > > program as a normal user?
15 >
16 > It's usually not necessary to burn a CD as root or give xfburn suid
17 > root. This leads to the next questions. Have you set the correct file
18 > permissions for /dev/sr0 (particularly user and group)? Should be
19 > root:cdrom. And is your user in the corresponding group (usually the
20 > group cdrom)?
21
22 I was asking because cdrecord gave me all sorts of warnings about not
23 being able to lock memory and suggested that I be root when running as a
24 normal user.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici