From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: having problems getting burned cds to work
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 18:40:44
1 Am 26.05.2015 um 15:53 schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
2 > Hmmm, well I tried this and it was successful, so I wonder what is going
3 > on with cdrecorder?
4
5 So you probably have found a bug in cdrecord. Have you tried to
6 downgrade cdrtools to check if it works with previous, preferentially
7 stable releases?
8
9 > Also, I logged in as root
10 > which is normally how I have always burned cds, any way aside from
11 > marking xfburn as suid root which I would prefer not to do to use the
12 > program as a normal user?
13
14 It's usually not necessary to burn a CD as root or give xfburn suid
15 root. This leads to the next questions. Have you set the correct file
16 permissions for /dev/sr0 (particularly user and group)? Should be
17 root:cdrom. And is your user in the corresponding group (usually the
18 group cdrom)?