From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: having problems getting burned cds to work
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 13:54:00
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > <covici <at> ccs.covici.com> writes:
6 > > I have not checked the hardware, but I did burn the image on another
7 > > system with another drive and mounted it with the drive in question and
8 > > as I said, even though I got those errors, the mount was successful.
9 >
10 > It might be a good test to check with other software?
14 > app-cdr/xfburn
18 Hmmm, well I tried this and it was successful, so I wonder what is going
19 on with cdrecorder? They had something called stream-record in that
20 program which I don't know what that means. Also, I logged in as root
21 which is normally how I have always burned cds, any way aside from
22 marking xfburn as suid root which I would prefer not to do to use the
23 program as a normal user? I never would have thought this would work,
24 but I thought I would try and it did function -- I hope George (I think
25 that is his name) will get on here and enlighten us all.
28 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
29 How do
30 you spend it?
31
32 John Covici