From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I've got an ARM SoC board - now what dir's to put on the SSD
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 18:39:00
1 Hi all,
2 I've bought one of the ARM based Cubieboards which I intend to use as a
3 media server. I've got Gentoo running on it but would now like to push
4 system "stuff" across from the SD card to the SSD drive - you can't boot
5 from the actual SSD you need to do that from an SD card. This way it
6 should be a bit quicker and I won't run out of SD card space as the
7 system is updated. Can anyone point me to a webpage that has
8 recommendations or has actual experience as to what I can shift across?
9 I'm guessing /usr/portage/* would be the one to go across?
10
11 Regards,
12 Andrew