From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Have I to install wifi now?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 18:50:06
1 On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:21 AM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On 2020-05-30, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >
6 > > I masked the latest version of plasma-meta, 5.18.5, [...]
7 >
8 > > Is this going to be policy in future? Bloat the machine up with bells
9 and
10 > > whistles that are unwanted, and even actively disliked. Already I've
11 been
12 > > obliged to install encryption and LVM, neither of which I want; where
13 is it
14 > > going to end?
15 >
16 > Running Openbox instead of Plasma?
17 >
18 > I had a hard enough time preventing XFCE from installing tons of stuff
19 > I didn't wan't. Gnome and KDE desktops are so far beyond the pale it
20 > takes OTH radar to find them.
21 >
22 > --
23 > Grant
24
25 And yet a week ago this guy put out a small test of XFCE vs KDE resource
26 usage and KDE came out fine.
27
28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrvJOXypAbk
29