From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] email netiquette
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:15:57
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 4/25/06, Justin Findlay <jfindlay@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 4/26/06, Dirk Heinrichs <ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> > Am Mittwoch, 26. April 2006 02:39 schrieb ext K. Mike Bradley:
5
6 >> > Try to explain it to them. http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
7 >> > should help.
8 >>
9 >> Or even better, appeal to the standard.
10 >>
11 >> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
12 >
13 > Guys, I think most of this advice is going to be wasted on Windows
14 > users.
15
16 Why's that? Even Windows users can behave. And it's never a
17 "waste" to point out what's considered a proper behaviour.
18
19 > Outlook makes it damn near impossible to properly quote and
20 > trim a message when replying.
21
22 Actually, it does *NOT* - at least not, when you're composing
23 text/plain mails, as you should.
24
25 > Be thankful if you never have to use
26 > that piece of ****.
27
28 I've got to use it, and as far as composing mails is
29 concerned, it's not that bad. Of course, you have to
30 configure it first.
31
32 Alexander Skwar
33 --