From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] email netiquette
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 04:49:13
1 On 4/26/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > Outlook makes it damn near impossible to properly quote and
4 > > trim a message when replying.
5 >
6 > Actually, it does *NOT* - at least not, when you're composing
7 > text/plain mails, as you should.
8
9 Which version of outlook are you using? Because Outlook 2000 on my
10 laptop (under VMWare) and also my desktop at work refuse to:
11
12 1. Properly quote message text with '> ' in plain text mode. I can
13 edit the message of course, but I have to add the '> ' manually. Yes,
14 I have the setting "Prefix each line with" set to "> ".
15 2. In HTML mode, to insert a reply in the middle of a quoted message
16 without having my reply also appear with the vertical blue line that
17 indicates a quote.
18
19 I don't want to go completely off-topic and turn this thread into a
20 outlook discussion, but I would like to understand why you and I have
21 such different opinions of outlook.
22
23 -Richard
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list