From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:53:42
1 Sebastian Günther wrote:
2 > * Nikos Chantziaras (realnc@×××××.de) [05.02.09 09:12]:
3 >> Than I'll rephrase my statement: Gentoo would need a non-bugged GUI
4 >> installer ;)
5 >>
6 > No, Gentoo needs no GUI or CLI installer. It is very good, that if you
7 > install Gentoo for the first time, you must actually read the
8 > documentation, because it introduces you in the whole managing Gentoo
9 > stuff. What is important in the Handbook are not the commandline
10 > examples, but the surrunding text. Also you cannot just click away any
11 > defaults: Gentoo is about choise and YOU have to make the choices even
12 > when you are just installing.
13
14 I'm not gonna duplicate what I wrote. Read it again :P