From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-sources-2.6.29 won't recognize my IDE chipset, at all.
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:18:30
1 On 1 Apr, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I been trying to upgrade my kernel and I seem to have ran into a huge
5 > mountain. I finally got it to compile but when I try to boot it doesn't
6 > recognize my IDE chipset at all. It only sees my CD and DVD but nothing
7 > else.
8 >
9 > Here is some info: From lspci:
10 >
11 > 00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation nForce2 IDE (rev a2)
12 >
13 > From the config screen of the kernel:
14 >
15 > <*> AMD and nVidia IDE support
16 >
17 > And that is the correct driver for my chipset. I been using that driver
18 > for several years now.
19 >
20 > Is this kernel hopeless?
23 Have you changed the hardware?