From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-sources-2.6.29 won't recognize my IDE chipset, at all.
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:05:45
1 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 1 Apr, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I been trying to upgrade my kernel and I seem to have ran into a huge
7 >> mountain. I finally got it to compile but when I try to boot it doesn't
8 >> recognize my IDE chipset at all. It only sees my CD and DVD but nothing
9 >> else.
10 >>
11 >> Here is some info: From lspci:
12 >>
13 >> 00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation nForce2 IDE (rev a2)
14 >>
15 >> From the config screen of the kernel:
16 >>
17 >> <*> AMD and nVidia IDE support
18 >>
19 >> And that is the correct driver for my chipset. I been using that driver
20 >> for several years now.
21 >>
22 >> Is this kernel hopeless?
26 > Have you changed the hardware?
27 >
28 > In that case, try to
29 >
30 > rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent*
31 >
32 > and boot again.
33 >
34 > Helmut.
38 No hardware change at all. To broke to do any of that right now. I am
39 currently starting a new kernel from scratch. I ran make mrproper and
40 all his friends and started from scratch. I'm hoping that I am just
41 missing something in oldconfig.
42
43 Thanks.
44