From: Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-sources-2.6.29 won't recognize my IDE chipset, at all.
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:41:26
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 1 Apr, Dale wrote:
7 >>> Hi,
8 >>>
9 >>> I been trying to upgrade my kernel and I seem to have ran into a huge
10 >>> mountain. I finally got it to compile but when I try to boot it doesn't
11 >>> recognize my IDE chipset at all. It only sees my CD and DVD but nothing
12 >>> else.
13 >>>
14 >>> Here is some info: From lspci:
15 >>>
16 >>> 00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation nForce2 IDE (rev a2)
17 >>>
18 >>> From the config screen of the kernel:
19 >>>
20 >>> <*> AMD and nVidia IDE support
21 >>>
22 >>> And that is the correct driver for my chipset. I been using that driver
23 >>> for several years now.
24 >>>
25 >>> Is this kernel hopeless?
26 >>>
27 >>>
28 >>>
29 >> Have you changed the hardware?
30 >>
31 >> In that case, try to
32 >>
33 >> rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent*
34 >>
35 >> and boot again.
36 >>
37 >> Helmut.
42 > No hardware change at all. To broke to do any of that right now. I am
43 > currently starting a new kernel from scratch. I ran make mrproper and
44 > all his friends and started from scratch. I'm hoping that I am just
45 > missing something in oldconfig.
46 >
47 > Thanks.
48 >
49 > Dale
50 >
54 Could you check if the of your hard drives are changed from /dev/hd* to
55 /dev/sd*. If that is the case you may need to update your /etc/fstab
56 and may be the boot loader.
57
58 Hung