From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge colors and light background
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 19:29:37
1 On 04/19/18 07:38, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2018-04-19, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 08:16:30 +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I use light background and many colors of emerge and other tools are
6 >>> simple unreadable [...]
7 >
8 >> I use a light background in my terminal and use color.map to deal with
9 >> it. You can replace specific colours in color.map as well as changing
10 >> colours for functions, such as:
11 >>
12 >> green = purple
13 >> yellow=brown
14 >
15 > Hmm. I never could get that to work acceptably, but maybe I should try
16 > again. Does anybody have a color.map they'd care to share for
17 > terminals with white backgrounds?
20 My /etc/portage/color.map simply has:
21
22 green = purple
23 yellow = darkred
24 darkyellow = turquoise
25
26 I just did a `emerge -ep world` and I can read all of the output.
27
28 It's really only the lighter colours you need to worry about.
29
30 I only have the one machine I have a white background on, and now I
31 can't even remember why I set it that way.
32
33 Dan