From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: To all IPv6-slackers among the Gentoo community
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 15:28:49
1 On 2019-11-28, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > One more question Grant, if you know.  Do you know about the range of
4 > the wireless on this router?  You ever tested to see how far say a cell
5 > phone or something will hold a signal and work?  I had to move my
6 > printer to the kitchen, a far bedroom was to far away.  It would get a
7 > signal at times but not often enough.  It's about 60 feet away and
8 > really only two thin interior walls between the router and printer.  My
9 > cell phone does better for some reason.  I can go outside and be about
10 > 100 feet away and it still update the weather info fairly quickly.  I'm
11 > just curious if you have tested this and can share some experience with
12 > how it works in the real world.
13
14 The range on the TP-Link seems better than average, but I haven't done
15 any real testing.
18 Grant