From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] linux usb webcam to website
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:29:46
1 On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 11:53 +0100, Zoltán Füves wrote:
2 > Sorry guys to disturb you with like this but I'm stuck
5 > I have to 4 usb webcam stream (from 4 different machine) embed to a
6 > website
7 >
8 > I read and try adobe flash media server (and it likes to work on
9 > linux ) but
10 > unfortunately the encoder witch "stream" the webcam to the server is
11 > available only windows :( (of course no linux version yet someone use
12 > wine
13 > to use but I think this is not the best solution )
14 >
15 > I looked for any alternatives I found red5 and an article about how to
16 > use
17 > the local flashplayer plugin publish the cam ( http://ptm.fi/?p=29 ,
18 > http://ptm.fi/?cat=6 ) but I dont really know how to start
19 >
20 > Is it worth to try usb-server to use remote cams as local device?
21 >
22 > If anybody had experiences about like my problem please help my to
23 > give
24 > some info and manual link
25 >
26 > of course I don't insist the adobe product and solution I just want to
27 > work
28 > :)
29 >
30 > thanks your time and help
31 >
32 > have a nice day
33 >
34 > Z.
35
36 I may have misunderstood your question.
37
38 Last summer I was looking to stream my webcam to flash. I think I
39 looked at the red5 product but decided against it. There's also some
40 web services that will do it but I didn't want my webcam hosted on
41 another service.
42
43 So I ended up using a vlc script. vlc is cool because not only can you
44 stream to flv but just about any other format.
45
46 script will look something like this:
47
48 WIDTH=320
49 HEIGHT=240
50 BITRATE=512
51 BITRATE=1024
52 CODEC1=FLV1
53 AUDIODEV="/dev/dsp1"
54 DEV="/dev/video2"
55
56 vlc \
57 -I dummy \
58 v4l2://${DEV}:width=${WIDTH}:height=${HEIGHT} \
59 :input-slave=oss://${AUDIODEV} \
60 --sub-filter time \
61 --sout \
62 '#transcode{vcodec='${CODEC1}',vb='${BITRATE}',acodec=mp3,samplerate=11025}:std{access=http,dst=127.0.0.1:8082/stream.flv}}