From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ogg-vorbis tools and cups
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:49:40
1 On Thursday 15 December 2005 09:18, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > I notice emerge ogg-vorbis insists on taking cups
5 > along with it.
6
7 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "ogg-vorbis".
8
9 eh?
10
11 > emerge info reveals cups flag _is_
12 > being used. But why use it then? What does printing
13 > have to do with playing ogg files. Why not go through
14 > the flags and install everything they point to? That
15 > would make as much sense as installing printer drivers
16 > when audio tools were called for. I've run emerge lots
17 > of times on the present OS and cups was never
18 > requested until now. Oh, and another thing: I don't
19 > have cups in my make.conf. Doesn't make.conf override
20 > the defaults?
21
22 No, it simply means that it won't be provided by make.conf. There's other
23 methods of obtaining USE flags, such as autouse, etc. Try putting -cups in
24 your make.conf file and then see what happens.
25
26 > -mw
27 >
28 > -mw
29 >
31 > Do You Yahoo!?
32 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
33 > http://mail.yahoo.com