From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix and bad colors.
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:05:29
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 05:01:29 -0600
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Howdy,
6 >>
7 >> I was using eix a bit ago and I noticed the colors have changed.
8 >> Since I like to have white text and a black background, this is not
9 >> working to well for me. It seems some of the output is black text.
10 >> Put black text on a black background and I have missing text, usually
11 >> the very thing I am looking for. I have looked for a config
12 >> somewhere in /etc but can't find where this is set. I found where
13 >> other colors are set but not for eix.
14 >>
15 >> Anyone have a hint as to where this is set or is it hard coded into
16 >> eix?
17 >>
18 >> Thanks much.
19 >>
20 >> Dale
21 >>
22 >> :-) :-)
23 >>
24 > I usually try to avoid reading the eix man page if at all possible (an
25 > object lesson in how to overwhelm users with waaaaaaaaay too much
26 > stuff), bit in this case I had to scan it quickly :-)
27 >
28 > It looks like the default color scheme changed, and you specify the one
29 > you want in ~/.eixrc. More specifically, you use the COLORSCHEME
30 > directive.
31 >
32 > If you wanna know more, I'm afraid you are going to have to read man
33 > eix yourself for reasons noted above :-)
38 Holy moley. It may take me a day or two to figure all that out. In the
39 meantime, I'm using the -n option. lol I may even add that to the
40 alias for a while. Good gracious what a can of worms.
41
42 Thanks for jumping into the man page for me. I looked every but there.
43
44 Dale
45
49 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!