From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eapi 6 ?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:38:21
1 On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:30 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, since I'm only hacking at ebuilds for my own needs (currently
4 > not able to produce anything that is not embarrashing) can I
5 > start building ebuilds that use EAPI-6? I understand that it
6 > is not finalized yet. But, if the user supplied patching is
7 > at least workable, I'd rather get busy learning/testing those new
8 > EAPI-6 tricks.
11 User patching already exists, but ebuilds have to support it for it to
12 work by calling epatch_user during src_prepare(). EAPI6 will make
13 calling this mandatory, and will put it in the default phase function.
14 So, 100% of EAPI6 ebuilds will support it, though many ebuilds already
15 support it otherwise.
16
17 All you need to do is add epatch_user to src_prepare in an existing
18 ebuild to use it. If you want to patch the build system you'll also
19 need to make calls to autotools/etc as needed after calling
20 epatch_user.
23 Rich