From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install - Wayland and graphical login
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:06:59
1 On 21/06/21 16:17, Michael wrote:
2 > Have you tried using a Display Manager? Some of my systems won't work with
3 > Wayland, but I haven't spent time to find out why all I get with them is a
4 > black screen.
5 >
6 > Anyway, from a VT you'd run something like:
7 >
8 > XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session startplasma-wayland
9
10 Okay, we're slowly moving forward ...
11
12 My first attempt got the error "kwin-plasma won't run as root" or
13 somesuch. Created a new user for me, and promptly got a black screen!
14
15 As I said earlier, X currently won't run. I've got a Asus EAH4350, and
16 am loading the Radeon driver. When I looked at the X log it was clearly
18 /dev/card1". If that gives anyone any clues where to point me that's
19 great, or I'll transfer the logs to this machine and post them.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Wol