From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Before strewing things up beyong recovery...(virtualbox)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 14:50:09
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> [14-07-20 16:36]:
2 > On Sunday 20 Jul 2014 15:22:30 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > HI,
4 > >
5 > > I set up virtual box successfully with one image. So nice so far.
6 > > Unfortunately I did not recognize early enought, thet the image was
7 > > placed into my home directory, which is short of splace.
8 > >
9 > > Can I move that folder (".Virtualbox") to another bigger place
10 > > -- and what/how do I need to tell Virtualbox about that -- or
11 > > am I already "lost in space" (...I mean...the opposite of it ;)
12 >
13 > If you have run out of space you may have corrupted the image.
14 >
15 > The settings and path for the image file are kept in
16 > ~/.VirtualBox/VirtualBox.xml
17 >
18 > You can edit these there, move the image to whichever partition you want and
19 > try to start it up once more. With a bit of luck no damage happened,
20 > otherwise you will have to delete it and start again.
21 >
22 > PS. Don't forget snapshots, which also are saved in the same area of your ~/
23 >
24 > HTH.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Regards,
28 > Mick
29
30 Hi Mick,
31
32 thanks a lot for your help!
33
34 The space of my $HOME ran was to small for makeing another image.
35 The image itsself is absolutely ok.
36 Sorry for not being understandable regarding this...english is not
37 my mother tongue... :)
38
39 Best regards,
40 mcc