From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shutdown -h now is not powering down system.
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 04:04:23
1 Richard Marz wrote:
2 > I have all the appropriate power management interfaces enabled in my
3 > kernel. ACPI is the one my system uses, but I've also tried APM and my
4 > system still doesn't manage to shut the power off on it's own. My
5 > motherboard is ATX but I'm forced to shut it down as if it were an AT
6 > mobo. Is there anything else that might have to be enabled in the kernel
7 > before the shutdown command can fully function. Any help would be
8 > appreciated. Thanks.
12 Naturally this may not work for you but I use this one under APM:
13
14 > [*] Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off
15
16 I have video turned on under ACPI but I have no clue why. :/ This is
17 my kernel version:
18
19 > root@smoker / # uname -r
20 > 2.6.18-gentoo-r6
21 > root@smoker / #
22
23 Hope that helps, maybe. LOL
24
25 Dale
26
31 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
32
33 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list