From: Richard Marz <Richard.marz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shutdown -h now is not powering down system.
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 05:07:53
1 I'll try this as well.
2 On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 22:57 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 > Richard Marz wrote:
4 > > I have all the appropriate power management interfaces enabled in my
5 > > kernel. ACPI is the one my system uses, but I've also tried APM and my
6 > > system still doesn't manage to shut the power off on it's own. My
7 > > motherboard is ATX but I'm forced to shut it down as if it were an AT
8 > > mobo. Is there anything else that might have to be enabled in the kernel
9 > > before the shutdown command can fully function. Any help would be
10 > > appreciated. Thanks.
14 > Naturally this may not work for you but I use this one under APM:
15 >
16 > > [*] Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off
17 >
18 > I have video turned on under ACPI but I have no clue why. :/ This is
19 > my kernel version:
20 >
21 > > root@smoker / # uname -r
22 > > 2.6.18-gentoo-r6
23 > > root@smoker / #
24 >
25 > Hope that helps, maybe. LOL
26 >
27 > Dale
28 >
32 > --
33 > www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
34 >
35 > Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list