From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Xandros, EEE which partition to chroot
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 02:22:49
1 Hi group,
2
3 Before I can install gentoo on my 4G SSHD EEE 900A, I need to know what partition to use to chroot to.
4
5 There are four partitions on the SSHD, sda1,2,3,4. sda1 is formatted ext2 and is the largest and contains the file system. sda2 is slightly smaller, formatted ext3 and also has a file system on it, but with fewer files. sda3 is very small, formatted fat32, and is empty. sda4 is formatted fat16, and is empty(I think, I wasn't able to mount it).
6
7 Why do sda1 and sda2 have virtually the same files on them and why is one formatted ext2 and the other ext3?
8
9 What is the purpose of the fat partitions?
10
11 What partitions, size, format etc do list members recommend.
12
13 I asked this question on the eee forum but got no answer.
14
15 Maxim
19 Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com