From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Patch via perl script in an ebuild?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 00:10:50
1 Grant wrote:Grant wrote:
2 >> I need to install the google-api-adwords-perl library, and it requires
3 >> that SOAP-WSDL is patched with the soap_wsdl_patches.pl perl script.
4 >> Can I have SOAP-WSDL patched via the perl script in an ebuild?
5 >>
6 >> - Grant
7 >>
8 > Here is the perl script:
9 >
10 > http://pastebin.com/YM3G5sKn
11 >
12 > Can anyone with perl and ebuild knowledge determine if the script
13 > could be incorporated into an ebuild? David Abbott and I are working
14 > on getting google-api-adwords-perl into portage and this is a
15 > dependency.
16
17 (Some preliminary setup work, like cpan -i Text::Patch SOAP::WSDL.)
18
19 Running the patch after fixing its paths ... will result invariably in:
20 Trying to patch
21 /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/SOAP/WSDL/XSD/Typelib/Builtin/anySimpleType.pm...Hunk
22 #1 failed at line 13.
23
24 I'm no authority on perl, but AFAICT that patch does not match against
25 either SOAP::WSDL latest stable sources nor latest SOAP::WSDL dev
26 release code from CPAN. Actually, I couldn't find tarballs from CPAN
27 which would match with the failing lines of that patch. There might've
28 been some earlier 2.00-series releases, but they're ... long gone?
29
30 Any idea of the version of SOAP::WSDL they are using for this at Google?
33 Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors