From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Patch via perl script in an ebuild?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:36:52
1 >>> I need to install the google-api-adwords-perl library, and it requires
2 >>> that SOAP-WSDL is patched with the soap_wsdl_patches.pl perl script.
3 >>> Can I have SOAP-WSDL patched via the perl script in an ebuild?
4 >>>
5 >>> - Grant
6 >>>
7 >> Here is the perl script:
8 >>
9 >> http://pastebin.com/YM3G5sKn
10 >>
11 >> Can anyone with perl and ebuild knowledge determine if the script
12 >> could be incorporated into an ebuild?  David Abbott and I are working
13 >> on getting google-api-adwords-perl into portage and this is a
14 >> dependency.
15 >
16 > (Some preliminary setup work, like cpan -i Text::Patch SOAP::WSDL.)
17 >
18 > Running the patch after fixing its paths ... will result invariably in:
19 > Trying to patch
20 > /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/SOAP/WSDL/XSD/Typelib/Builtin/anySimpleType.pm...Hunk
21 > #1 failed at line 13.
22 >
23 > I'm no authority on perl, but AFAICT that patch does not match against
24 > either SOAP::WSDL latest stable sources nor latest SOAP::WSDL dev release
25 > code from CPAN. Actually, I couldn't find tarballs from CPAN which would
26 > match with the failing lines of that patch. There might've been some earlier
27 > 2.00-series releases, but they're ... long gone?
28 >
29 > Any idea of the version of SOAP::WSDL they are using for this at Google?
30
31 Thank you Arttu. Here is the link to the SOAP::WSDL:
32
33 http://soap-wsdl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/soap-wsdl/SOAP-WSDL/branches/Typemap.tar.gz?view=tar&pathrev=846
34
35 from the README: