From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A Gentoo Enema
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:53:04
1 On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:24:37 +1300, Tom Eastman wrote:
2
3 > One idea I've had is to delete almost every entry in my 'world' file,
4 > and then do an 'emerge depclean'. That would be pretty cool, empty out
5 > a huge amount of stuff, and then start re-installing at my leisure.
6
7 That sounds like a lot of work and re-installation. The way I've done it
8 is to edit the world file, removing anything that I don't run, then do an
9 emerge depclean -p. anything that shows up that I want to keep, I put
10 back with emerge -n packagename. Then run depclean -p again until I am
11 happy with what it wants to remove.
12
13 There's no point in removing and reinstalling packages, especially if you
14 are going to to emerge -e world later.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 IBM: Inferior But Marketable.