From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer@×××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone setup Gentoo on an Archos 101
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:23:48
1 On 25/04/2012 01:49, walt wrote:
2 > On 04/24/2012 01:07 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
3 >> On 24/04/2012 21:46, James wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>>
6 >>> http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/tabletpc.html?country=kg&lang=en
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 > I'm just curious if anyone has attempted to put Gentoo
12 >>> on any Archos tablet.
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>> James
16 >>>
17 >>>
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >> i have one and i dont want to risk it's usage with gentoo. i know
21 >> that there is an ubunut version that works on it but just installing
22 >> gentoo like this can be tough.
23 >
24 > This is the first I've heard of Archos, and it seems to me like a great idea.
25 >
26 > The company says you can install any OS you want, and you can even dual-boot
27 > OS's -- so that *seems* to imply that you can re-install the factory OS if
28 > your experiments go bad. Am I being too optimistic here?
31 well it's kind of more then simple to restore cause they have some
32 "bios" like thing that you can restore the device basic os with it.
33 but the thing is that it works with initramfs and some rootfs that i
34 dont even know how to understand.
35 so i left it as is.
39 Eliezer Croitoru
40 https://www1.ngtech.co.il
41 IT consulting for Nonprofit organizations
42 eliezer <at> ngtech.co.il