From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Visited web sites
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:53:40
1 On 11/5/05, gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Mark Knecht wrote:
6 >
7 > >Hi,
8 > > My wife is asking if there is an easy way to keep a list of all web
9 > >sites visited on a specific computer in the house. I don't know about
10 > >such stuff. Is there any way to do that for either Mozilla or Firefox?
11 > >
12 > >Thanks,
13 > >Mark
14 > >
15 > It would depend on how your home network is set up. A squid proxy
16 > could work for you. What are you trying to accomplish?
17 >
18 Thanks. I'll look into squid. I guess with squid all of that machine's
19 requests go to this machine and then it forwards stuff on, keeping a
20 record? Is that the basic idea?
21
22 If so, does that mean that all traffic for the machine in question
23 actually does through the squid machine? If so that might mean too
24 much wireless traffic the way we are set up.
25
26 Or is it just the addresses that are proxied?
27
28 As for purpose, as I said earlier my wife wants to know all web sites
29 that a certain computer on our network visits over time.
30
31 Thanks,
32 Mark
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list