From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Visited web sites
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 04:21:41
1 On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 19:48:04 -0800
2 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 11/5/05, gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > Hash: SHA1
7 > >
8 > > Mark Knecht wrote:
9 > >
10 > > >Hi,
11 > > > My wife is asking if there is an easy way to keep a list of all web
12 > > >sites visited on a specific computer in the house. I don't know about
13 > > >such stuff. Is there any way to do that for either Mozilla or Firefox?
14 > > >
15 > > >Thanks,
16 > > >Mark
17 > > >
18 > > It would depend on how your home network is set up. A squid proxy
19 > > could work for you. What are you trying to accomplish?
20 > >
21 > Thanks. I'll look into squid. I guess with squid all of that machine's
22 > requests go to this machine and then it forwards stuff on, keeping a
23 > record? Is that the basic idea?
24 >
25 > If so, does that mean that all traffic for the machine in question
26 > actually does through the squid machine? If so that might mean too
27 > much wireless traffic the way we are set up.
28
29 yes thats the point of squid it is a proxy.
34 > Or is it just the addresses that are proxied?
35 >
36 > As for purpose, as I said earlier my wife wants to know all web sites
37 > that a certain computer on our network visits over time.
38
39 trouble with the kids?
42 > Thanks,
43 > Mark