From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 23:33:28
1 On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > I have it plugged up to the same UPS my puter uses.  I changed the battery
5 > about a year ago and it is plenty large enough.  It runs at about 40% load.
6 >   I doubt it is a power issue.
7 >
8 > Dale
9 >
10 > :-)  :-)
14 Multiple people in the Linksys forums seem to have the same problem:
15
16 http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wired-Routers/BEFSR41-loses-connection/m-p/233266#M21765
17
18 http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wired-Routers/BEFSR41-Losing-Connection-Frequently/m-p/206185#M19557
19
20 Note that one post seemed to consider this device as 'old' in 2008'.
21
22 QUESTION: You purchased the BEFSR41 to support routing to the new
23 machines along with the old machine, correct? The red light is on the
24 DSL modem according to the first post. I guess that modem only has a
25 singleLAN port? What leads you to believe the problem is with the
26 router and not the modem?
27
28 Cheers,
29 Mark