From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:15:44
1 On 2012-12-14, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I guess the other question that's lurking here for me is why do you
4 > have /usr on a separate partition? What's the usage model that drives
5 > a person to do that? The most I've ever done is move /usr/portage and
6 > /usr/src to other places. My /usr never has all that much in it beyond
7 > those two directories, along with maybe /usr/share. Would it not be
8 > easier for you in the long run to move /usr back to / and not have to
9 > deal with this question at all?
10
11 I may be wrong in this one, but the idea I have is that your regular
12 applications (so, most of them) all lie under /usr/ -- /lib /bin and
13 others are for essential system tools.
16 Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
17 http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/