From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /var/tmp on tmpfs
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 10:07:39
1 2018-02-09 0:50 GMT+02:00 Tsukasa Mcp_Reznor <Mcp_Reznor@×××××××.com>:
2 > From: freemanrich@×××××.com <freemanrich@×××××.com> on behalf of Rich
3 > Freeman <rich0@g.o>
4 > Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:38 PM
5 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /var/tmp on tmpfs
7 >
8 > Just adding my 2 cents EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--fail-clean" helps
9 > a ton with tmpfs.
10
11 Thank you for the suggestion! Already added it to my make.conf.
12
13 > As for the athlon x2 system, consider using distcc, I've been using it for
14 > quite awhile, I don't think it helps with the ram usage
15
16 I am using -march=native in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS and because of this
17 reluctant to use distcc, but it is a good idea too.