From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing BTRFS on MBR with OpenRC
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 09:48:24
1 On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 09:49:24 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > Yep, but as stated by Rich there isn't much to a btrfs raid 1 install
4 > > aside from mkfs.btrfs, building btrfs support into the
5 > > kernel, the slightly different fstab entry, and using an initramfs
6 > > (dracut makes it easy).
7 >
8 > The arrangement I have in mind is sd[ab]1 raid-1 /boot, sd[ab]2 swap,
9 > sd[ab]3 rescue system, sd[ab]4 btrfs gentoo. Maybe I could get away
10 > without swap since this box has 16GB RAM, but I'm not ready to do
11 > without my rescue system.
12
13 that's pretty much what I have on my desktop except it has three drives
14 in the RAID and no rescue system (I have a System Rescue Cd ISO
15 in /boot). AFAIR it just worked first time.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?