From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting maximum space out of a hard drive
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 18:19:11
1 On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 2:04 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Part. # Size Partition Type Partition Name
5 > ----------------------------------------------------------------
6 > 1007.0 KiB free space
7 > 1 9.1 TiB Linux filesystem 10Tb
8 > 1007.5 KiB free space
11 > I'm not sure why there seems to be two alignment spots. Is that
12 > normal? Already, there is almost 1TB lost somewhere.
13
14 10 TB = 9.09495 TiB. You aren't missing much of anything.
15
16 And no, I don't want to get into a religious war over base 2 vs base
17 10, and why it would be confusing if a tape that could store 10MB/m
18 didn't store 10kB/mm but instead stored 10.24 kB/mm.
21 Rich