From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev-197 : 4 show-stoppers
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:41:32
1 On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:57:59 +0000
2 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 20 January 2013 08:51:43 Philip Webb wrote:
5 > > I just tried upgrading to udev-197 , which is supposed to be
6 > > stable. There were multiple problems & I'm now back with udev-171 .
7 >
8 > My daily update pulled in udev-197-r3. The installation went smoothly
9 > but I decided I ought to reboot to check that I could. I couldn't.
10 > Udev couldn't start because my kernel config didn't have
11 > CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y. So I booted my rescue system on the same disk,
12 > chrooted in and built a new kernel with that option. On rebooting
13 > everything was fine.
14 >
15 > Just a note for anyone else who may not have that kernel option.
16
17 This got me too. Now there's a discussion in -dev about making config
18 warnings fatal.