From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] proper proxy syntax to synchronize time via rdate
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:17:05
1 On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 03:00:05 -0500, Liviu Andronic wrote:
2
3 > For some reason, it persistently considers my timezone EST (Eastern
4 > Standard Time, GMT-5). I reconsidered Gentoo's localization guide and
5 > now /etc/cond.d/clock contains these two options:
6 >
7 > localhost liviu # nano /etc/conf.d/clock
8 > [..]
9 > CLOCK="local"
10 > TIMEZONE="Europe/Berlin"
11 > [..]
12
13 This setting is only used when emerging timezone-data, to copy the
14 correct file to /etc/localtime. Either re-emerge timesone-data or
15 cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin /etc/localtime.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 To iterate is human; to recurse, divine.