From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy (when Amarok 2 is running)
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 10:39:44
1 On Dienstag 05 Mai 2009, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > I cannot access /dev/dsp once Amarok 2 has started playback, even if the
5 > playback was stopped. I have to close Amarok, then /dev/dsp is accessible
6 > again. Does anyone know why this is?
7 >
8 > This happens in KDE4, 2.6.28-tuxonice-r3 kernel, audio device according to
9 > lspci is "ATI Technologies Inc RS780 Azalia controller".
10 > I do not have this problem with my older machine, running KDE3 and Amarok
11 > 1.
12 >
13 > Wonko
14
15 no problem here. So.. maybe you forgot something. dmix should do everything
16 for you. Are you using the xine backend for amarok/phonon?