From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy (when Amarok 2 is running)
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 09:48:55
1 Volker Armin Hemmann writes:
2
3 > On Dienstag 05 Mai 2009, Alex Schuster wrote:
4
5 > > I cannot access /dev/dsp once Amarok 2 has started playback, even if
6 > > the playback was stopped. I have to close Amarok, then /dev/dsp is
7 > > accessible again. Does anyone know why this is?
8 [...]
9 > no problem here. So.. maybe you forgot something. dmix should do
10 > everything for you. Are you using the xine backend for amarok/phonon?
11
12 Thanks for the info, Armin. So I know it _should_ work.
13
14 I'm using the xine backend. I forgot about this settings until you mentioned
15 phonon, that let me find it again in the system settings.
16
17 I tried changing it to gstreamer. After I did so, even amarok was unable to
18 play any sound, and switching back to xine did not help either. I had to log
19 out and in again. From then on, when starting quake3-bin, the display
20 freezed, and I had to kill X. There was no sound. Amarok was not started
21 yet. I also experienced a couple of X crashes after starting quake3 [*] and
22 got back to the kdm screen. Then I had to do some work and did not play more
23 with the settings. Now I'm also busy, I will play a little with it in the
24 evening.
25
26 [*] quake3 is the open source variant, it works well with ALSA, but does not
27 work with punkbuster anti-cheating software, so I need the quake3-bin
28 version running.
29
30 Wonko